I've compiled a list of books I have read over the past 2~ years that I recommend, folks. Some of these are marketing industry-related or business; others are non-fiction books I couldn't put down!
The Cilantro Diaries
- Business Book with core values for life and career growth. I have adopted some of the principles into my day-to-day life.
- I know Lorenzo and love everything he's written.
The Rack We Built
- Story of how Rackspace was built. The Rackspace community has built and grown San Antonio, it's had a significant effect on my career.
- Again, written by Lorenzo, who grew with Rackspace from the early days..
- The book is about building strong and healthy habits.
- James Clear gave a strong and shocking story at the beginning that hooked me and made me believe if I followed his path, I could affect change.
- Another book by Lorenzo. This one is about his time growing up in San Antonio in a fairly rough part of town.
- He frames all the stories with core values and how they changed his perspectives on life. It's about mental health and how he's coped.
Company of One
- A business book about staying small while growing revenue and profit.
- Paul works on Fathom Analytics and runs the business with himself and a partner. He's successful without growing headcount.
Billion or Bust
- Another book about Rackspace. This gave an entirely different perspective.
- This book is from the CEO of Rackspace, who built the company from a couple of million to a billion-dollar company.
Ready Player One
- A novel that has now become a movie - if you haven't heard of this title, you must live under a rock.
- A book based in an alternate world where everyone "lives" in a VR world. There is a quest to find hidden keys to the OASIS.
Ready Player Two
- Follow up-to Ready Player One. It's the sequel to the first book.
- OASIS founder James Halliday's contest was won, and this follows the days after where another quest to find an answer must be discovered.
Zero to Sold
- An indie-hackers guide to building a sustainable business.
- You'll learn how to test ideas, find your audience, how to grow your business, and how to make it sellable.