The coming of a new year is always a time for reflection. At the same time, I wouldn’t say I like making new years resolutions directly, and I like doing reviews, planning, and strategy session for myself and my work.
I have done annual reflections or reviews each year. This year I took a template I found online asking great questions.
It breaks down personal/professional accomplishments and disappointments.
What do I feel were my most significant accomplishments in 2022?
|1. Keep the yard well maintained and improving the house |
2. Better organized with calendars and attending family events/appointments
3. Getting involved with the community
|1. Buying into a new business|
3. Building WordPress templates with Elementor
4. Buying a new WordPress plugin
What were my biggest disappointments in 2022?
|1. Overspending |
2. Daughter’s speech disorder
3. Not travel anywhere this year
|1. Not reaching the 30K MRR Goal for the business|
2. Not sticking to content creation more often
3. Errors in accounting and losing people on the team
What are my goals for 2023?
|1. Spend more time with the family outside of the house|
2. Travel more over 2023 with the family and friends
3. Contribute more to the local community where I live
|1. Grow the business to $40k MRR business ($500K ARR is the big Number)|
2. Consistently creating content on this blog, on Twitch, and on Twitter
3. Buy another online digital business to integrate into the other business
Similar to Spotify-wrapped or Steam-wrapped – I put together my stats for my website. How many blogs were written, how many words, and other metrics from analytics:
I will put together a 2023 plan over the next 2 weeks. Then I will share the business plans along with the personal ones. The two overlap with growing the personal brand, building more of the business, and even networking more often professionally.